Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The first day of preschool has FINALLY arrived!!!


Oh how I've waited for this day to come. 2 not so little boys anymore are both in preschool! Yup, that means I have 3 uninterrupted hours of free time to do whatever I want with!! Ok not so much whatever I want...I guess I do need to clean our house too, but that won't take too long.

The boys are going to a private in-home preschool that is taught by 2 sisters who are former teachers. They (and I) love it there! Hunter did SO well last year and I can't wait to see how Jacob does this year. I was a little worried about how they were going to be behavior-wise because if you've been around these 2 monkeys it tends to be just a tad chaotic. Thankfully they are in separate classes so that helps keep the craziness at bay.


They both had a great day and behaved well. Hunter was worried about Jacob for part of the morning. Ms. Lou Lou said he looked a little stressed because Jacob didn't take his folder out when he was supposed to. I love how he's so concerned about his little brother and making sure he does the right thing, let's hope that continues!


Hunter was very talkative when I picked them up today. I remember last year how I got nothing out of Hunter on the first day. This year a completely different story! I found out they read The Kissing Hand and how he got 2 chocolate kisses and Jacob only got one and how he shared his snack with Austin. I asked Hunter if he sat next to Jacob at snack and he said no. I asked Jacob who he sat by and he told me 2 girls and that they helped him open his cheese and crackers. That will be Jacob, hanging out with the girls who will help him and do things for him.

I can't wait to find out what they do tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alix said...

I am so happy that both Hunter and Jacob did so well today; the first day of school is always nerve-racking. What big boys and such a nice little break for Mom!!!

Take care, Alix

Steph, Bryan & Owen said...

That must be a 4 year old standard pose Hunter's striking in the first picture but Owen does it in every picture I take!! Hope you gusy are doing well.