Sunday, August 23, 2009

First day of kindergarten!!!!

I cannot believe that we have a kindergartner! It's crazy! We have 2 weeks behind us and it has gone better than I could have ever imagined. He was definitely ready for this milestone and I'm so glad his transition was so smooth.

Hunter seems to really like school and his new friends there. It's hard to get things out of him half the time but when I do, it's all good things.

Some of the things he does at school that I've drug out of him:
*count to 100 everyday
*eats lunch in the cafeteria
*works on the "volcano" with boys (who so far are nameless) so they can live underground

I've figured out that one of his friends at school is named Brian but other than that I have no clue who he plays with and I'm not sure he does either!

Hunter had homework for the first time this past week and there were some struggles, but not as bad as I thought. His first assignments were to write his name 5x, practice tying his shoes, read for 15 minutes, and then draw a picture of your favorite part. Quite a bit everyday but the tv wasn't allowed on until it was all done. That was a great motivator!

We walk to school every morning and we have been bringing Indy with us. Sometimes Jacob goes but right now it's pretty warm and by the walk home he's dripping in sweat and pretty darn slow. I made the mistake on the first day to walk and pick up Hunter--never again! Or at least while it's over 90 degrees. Once winter the cool part of summer comes then we'll walk to get him.



Week 3 starts tomorrow and I hope this great momentum sticks with us for the rest of the year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: